Workshop: Facebook skills
Facebook is a lifeline that connects more than 40 million people – but are you using it as well as you can?
Fed-up with your page getting low engagement?
Wondering how to connect with Facebook groups?
Unsure how to advertise?
Curious about Messenger?
A bit overwhelmed?
With experienced digital communicators Dan Slee and Sarah Lay we’ll take you through a simple step-by-step workshop that’s packed with plenty of up-to-the-minute advice and practical tips.
What you’ll learn:
WHAT THE BASICS YOU’LL NEED ARE
– We’ll explain where Facebook fits into the broader landscape
– We’ll talk you through how Facebook works in 2019 across profiles, pages and groups.
HOW TO CREATE CRACKING CONTENT FOR YOUR PAGE
– We’ll help you look under the bonnet of your page to make sense of the piles of insights.
– We’ll help you create good content that can increase the chance of cutting through.
– We’ll share research on what content works best.
HOW TO CONNECT WITH GROUPS
– We’ll talk you through EXCLUSIVE research that shows how everyone is a member on average with 5.2 local groups and pages.
– We’ll talk you through the risks and rewards of connecting with groups directly – and starting your own.
– We’ll show you how to map the groups in your area and case studies of sucessful ones.
HOW AND WHEN TO GET INVOLVED ON FACEBOOK
– We’ll talk through how to moderate your page or group and how best to respond in discussions.
– We’ll show you a bolilerplate social media policy that you can use to police your pages.
– We’ll talk through when and where its worth getting involved online.
HOW TO GET A BIGGER BANK WITH YOUR FACEBOOK ADVERTISING BUCK
– We’ll give a short practical walk-through of how to get the most out of advertising and how to measure and evaluate.
– We’ll guide you through the advertising vs organic content debate and show how advertising works with the algorithm and for your audience
– We’ll navigate you through ad Manager and on-page Boosts – how it all works, which method is best for your objective, and how advertising can help you reach people who aren’t already interacting with you.
HOW TO USE FACEBOOK MESSENGER AS AN ORGANISATION
– We’ll look at the growing platform and how it can be best used by an organsiation.
WHO IS THIS AIMED AT?
- Heads of comms and managers who need a strategic view of how best to use Facebook
- Communicators and marketeers who use Facebook on a day-to-day basis.
- People from across the organisation who have been given Facebook page admin rights.
- Communicators looking to communicate in an emergency.
WHO ARE THE TRAINERS?
Dan Slee is co-founder of comms2point0 and has more than 20 years experience working for and with the media. He was one of the first people in the UK public sector to use social media and has trained more than 2,000 across more than 300 organisations across the UK and Republic of Ireland including Fife Council, NHS Providers, McDonalds, Punch Taverns, MacMillan, University of Edinburgh and the Local Government Association.
Sarah Lay is a content and experience strategist with 20 years experience of delivering digital communications and transformation across the public and private sector. Alongside Dan she was among the first in the UK public sector to use social media and has delivered sector-leading digital projects for councils and High Street brands. An experienced trainer she has worked with Nottinghamshire County Council, Boots UK, NHS Providers, universities, and trade associations as well as extensively across the music industry.
Booking is simple
You can book through eventbrite following the event links above using a credit card. Or to dodge the booking fees you can email me at email@example.com or fill in the webform below with details of how many places you’d like to book and where. I’ll arrange a traditional invoice that can be settled via either BACS or credit card. I’ll complete any forms you need to send me, too. Simple.
If you’d like to talk about bespoke or in-house training drop me a line, too.